This Cowboy Caviar is so yummy. If you need to take a quick and easy recipe for a get-together or you are having friends over this is a winner!you will need:
- 1 can, 15 oz, black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can, 15 oz, pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned is fine)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato ( I love tomatoes so I use 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup diced orange peppers
- 1/3 cup diced red peppers
- 1/3 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian seasoning (I added this too)
- juice of 1 lime
- tortilla chips for serving
Add first 10 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Add seasoning (chili powder, Italian seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper) and mix well.
Drizzle olive oil and squeeze lime juice onto the mixture and mix well to evenly coat.
Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight to let flavors mingle and marinate for the boldest flavors.
Stir well before serving, adding an additional tablespoon of oil if necessary.
Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, or crunchy crostini's.
Makes 6 cups
I got this recipe from https://www.saltysidedish.com
You might want to go check them out.